Adobe® Technical Communication Suite is a complete single-source authoring toolkit with multichannel, multidevice publishing capabilities. Develop standards-compliant content with Adobe FrameMaker® 10 software, publish in various formats with Adobe RoboHelp® 9 software and Adobe Captivate® 5.5 workflows, collaborate with reviewable PDF files, incorporate images using Adobe Photoshop® CS5, and add demos and simulations using Adobe Captivate 5.5.
- FrameMaker, which is at the core of the Adobe Technical Communication Suite, has long been the gold standard for writing, illustrating, and laying out technical documentation in print.
- RoboHelp is its screen-based counterpart, and is used for creating online Help systems, knowledgebases, and eLearning content. Rounding out the trio of main apps in the Suite is
- Captivate, which performs a multitude of functions: screen recording, software simulations, authoring interactive tutorials with quizzes, and creating podcasts.
In the Suite, these apps are supplemented by Photoshop CS4, Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, and Adobe Presenter 7. These elements combine to make the Suite the most powerful tool available for creating documentation or training materials for delivery via any channel, whether in print or on screen.
More than half of this new Class is devoted to the fundamentals of FrameMaker 9:
- Styling paragraphs, placing graphics, creating tables, adding captions, cross-references, and footnotes. Later chapters cover long-document features, such as tables of contents and indexes.
- Preparing content for output to print or to screen rounds out the coverage.
- The rest of the class covers RoboHelp and Captivate, with some material on cross-application workflows.